May 13, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES (Gary Gross, 2012)

Anxiety for reading and knowing MORE. This is the feeling I felt the minutes after I watched this movie. I had not read the book on which this film based so I didn't know anything about it and went to the cinema with no preconceptions or idea. That's fantastic because I felt surprised (even though some things are quite typical and I waited for them without having seen them or read the book) but anyway, I think it is quite well done and I've liked it so much. Now, I'm reading the book (The first part), just to compare and because I really loved the story and, maybe because I've already watched the movie, I think it is better than the book - although the book is really good too. I don't think this story is as unrealistic as it is possible to think, because it is a perfect comparison - as well as an hiperbole- to the world in which we live in. In my opinion, that's why it has so publicity and people like it so much. At the end, it tells something that we live everyday. If you have money you can live with no worries. If you don't, the rulers of this world managed us as they want. Don't you really think that is reality?

No comments: