Dec 7, 2011

THE DEPARTED (Martin Scorsese, 2006)



The actors of this movie are incredibly good: Leonardo Dicaprio (who plays the role of Billy), Matt Damon (Sullivan) and Jack Nickolson (Costelo).I think that only his names produce a desire of seeing this film.
It's quite shocking. I don't like the end because in my opinion it is unfair. In some aspects, it occurs what must happen but, on the other hand, it is not fair some of the deaths. By the way, the movie is really well done, and it can be considered to have a kind of moral around the idea of being infiltrated and of being corrupt.

Here I leave for you part of the end of the movie. Please, as always, don't watch it if you have not seen the movie yet :)



The use of mise-en-scène is excellent, especially with regards of Costello, who is assumed to be a dangerous man just thanks to the use of shadows from the very begining. Editing is also an important element which helps the spectator to identify some characters and relate them to the others.

The best interpretation in my opinion, is the one made by Leonardo Dicaprio. I doubt between him and the fantastic Matt Damon, but my interest and admiration for Leonardo DiCaprio make him to win.

It is an excellent movie.
Here you have the trailer so that you can feel more interested and motivated to watch it.



Finally, to conclude, a sentece I will probably remember for ever by Costello: "No one gives it to you, you have to take it."

No comments: