Dec 19, 2011

FICCIÓN (Cesc Gay, 2006)



How to give an opinion about a movie which is not very clear for me? I'm not quite sure about what can I say because for me, this movie is quite weird and not very explicit. Maybe this is a way to do a good movie or maybe it is me who does not understand very well the message that for others is clear.

The story is about a film director, Álex (Eduard Fernández), who is writing his next movie. Apparently, he is living a bad moment and he goes to a meeting with some friends in order to be inspired for writing his next story.



Supposedly, he wants to write about his friends and even about himself. Yet, although he has gone there to write he's not really inspired. Probably, the spectator think that the movie itself is the representation of what the protagonist has written to do this movie. But this is just a way of watching it.

On the other hand, a romantic story is developed. The filmmaker has two children and has been married for 6 or 8 yeras. However, in his trip he meets a girl, Mónica (Montse Germán), with whom he falls in love. Mónica, who also has a partner, is in love with him as well. But nothing happens between them until the end of the movie, when in my opinion the kiss was not necessary at all. Anyway, I can interpret it as the necessity that everybody sometimes have of escaping from their own life to another one in which there are no problems or questions, where everything felt can be possible.
But this is just an interpretation which I don't think -I don't know why- the filmmaker wanted the spectator to have.

From my point of view, this is the kind of movie that mus be seen more than once to understand all the meanings and the details.

No comments: