Mar 8, 2012

UP (Pete Docter and Bob Peterson, 2009)



Animated movies not necessarily must be seen by children. In fact, this kind of films may be quite emotive and sometimes not really understodd by kids as an adult actually could do.
Up, by Pete Docter and Bob Peterson, is a really sad but interesting and beautiful story about two people who meet when they are children and pass the rest of their lives together, trying (more or less) to complete their dreams.



You, I, everybody has their own intentions and aims in life and their own dreams, which, when people are young and have all their life to enjoy it, usually think will be perfectly achieved. But, when we eventually arrive to the end of our days we will probably realize that those dreams we had when we were younger have become just dreams and have not been accomplished. Nevertheless, life is a great adventure (the single one we will really enjoy) where we live new experiences almost everyday so, I do not think it is necessary to create a concrete purpose to fulfill in our lives but to be happy.
Ellie and Carl achieve so. Hence, I think their purpose in life have been accomplished. However, for Carl it is not enough and in my opinion, what he makes is a very pretty gesture which demosntrate how much he is/was in love with his beloved Ellie.

Nice movie and touching as well. I recommend you to see it. In 'Comentario de Textos Audiovisuales en Lengua Inglesa II' teachers showed me the first minutes of the movie which now I am going to show you (more or less)just for you to know whether you would like to watch it or not.
Enjoy it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_popout&v=UHMD_EqM61I

1 comment:

Carlota said...

I watched it some months ago and I LOVED it. The love story is so sweet. :)