Mar 11, 2012

THE WOMAN IN BLACK (James Watkins, 2012)



Where do we go when we die? Are true those stories and legends about that woman whose child died in terrible circumstances and, as a consequence, once she's dead she tries the same for the rest of the children? I do not really know, but after watching this movie I neither want to check it...

This is a horror movie, more based on thriller than on shouts, which has made me feel fear and even shame, because the end is not as happy as it could have been. Nevertheless, I really think this movie is well done and, of course, the end is perfectly linked to the rest of the movie. Al well, in my opinion, the mix between the fear element and the moving one is tremendous and makes the viewer to be involved with the plot and the story all the time.

On the other hand, as I have already mentioned in other occasions, I love watching movies in which the main character is played by an actor, famous for having done other series, movies or sagas (such as Daniel Radcliffe, who plays the role of Arthur in this movie but also who is especially known for being Harry Potter).




By the way, the way in which light is used in this movie I think is appropiate and perfect for the topic and for the atmosphere that is created. The mystery and fear are all the time present and helped by this use of lights and also by the use of the sound.

1 comment:

Carlota said...

He will always be Harry.. hahaha