Nov 18, 2011

BREAKING DAWN (Bill Condon, 2011)



I think it is not the kind of movie I was waiting for. I don't know if it's the film I would do in case o being a director. I don't know if it's the form or the movie itself, but it doesn't convince me at all. And I actually like it. But there's something than makes me think in other possibilities to focus on it. Anyway, regarding the other three movies of the Twilight Saga, this is the best one with no doubts. But, I disagree with some aspects of it. Why has the director paid so much attention in scenes not really pleasant instead of doing so in others more nice? Probably because he tried to based his film in the book, and this is a task quite difficult. But I don't know,there're things that should be shown...

By the way, I am not too much disappointed. I remember when I saw the first or the second movie that I felt even sad and cheat. This time it has not happened. I think the film is ok. But of course, I must say that it has nothing to do with the book. And it's not because the book is bad represented in the film because it isn't, but because I always hope what I imagined while reading.


Twilight movie.


New Moon movie.


Eclipse movie.


Breaking dawn movie.

Here it's possible to see the evolution from one movie to the others. Instead, I think it could be better and I wait for the last one (Breaking dawn-Part 2) in order to see what I expect from this film. Because I love the books, and I want to love the movies as well.
Anyway, I must say that of course I like Breaking Dawn. It couldn't be in another way. But I strongly advice you to read the books if you haven't done it. Sometimes imagine is better than seeing what others want us to see.

1 comment:

Carlota said...

I think when a book is adapted for the screen, the original readers are likely to be disappointed.
I prefer reading something than watching the adapted movie, since you miss a lot of info when you try to tell a story in only 2 hours.
Anyway, I do not like Twilight", so thanks for your advise : ) I am not going to see it even if it is Sunday.
Nice weekend!